Micro Abs Workout
This exercise is intended for anyone who is missing regular exercise or who has a back or other health restriction that does not allow them to do abdominal workouts. Or just for fun!
Seated/standing or laying down (all of these movements are tiny (micro) and are meant to be done for short periods – 10 seconds is fine to start – work up to holding for one minute in each position. The main points are to feel the abs engage and be gentle with yourself!!!!
- Pull your belly button in toward your spine and hold (as above)
- Imagine and attempt to turn your belly button to the sky
- Imagine and attempt to turn your belly button to the earth
- Notice the bottom of your ribs and the top of your hips
- Move your left rib and your right hip slightly together (1 mm) (for up to one minute)
- Move your right rib and your left hip slightly together (1mm)
- repeat these steps two more times and compliment yourself!! Well done!
At first this exercise is mostly mental, the movements are so slight that you may not feel as if your muscles are not working much, that’s okay, in fact that’s the intention….you could find (as some of my clients have) that over time your muscles improve with even this very slight and simple effort!
(originally published Oct 21/15 by Cecelia Driscoll RMT)
Cecelia Driscoll studied massage therapy at ICT Northumberland College in Halifax and brought some of her prior trainings in Bowen Therapy, Shiatsu and Therapeutic Touch into her new career as an RMT in 2014. Since then Cecelia has trained in Cranial Sacral Therapy, Suikodo, Myofascial Release, Sports Massage, Cupping and Deep Tissue massage. She seeks to integrate all of these trainings into your personalized treatments. By listening to your body and especially to you, Cecelia adapts her treatments to your unique health-care needs. “It’s a teamwork situation,” according to Cecelia, she believes her hands and skill act as a catalyst for the natural wisdom and restorative power of your body.
Call 902-429-3303 to book an appointment, or email: email@example.com
Online booking available here.